What are Sailing Battles?
A cross between dodgeball and sailing – throw Nerf missiles to score points against rival boats. An exciting way to learn sailing and improve your skills!
- $5/ learn about battles, target practice
- +$15/ skills assessment
- +$25/person quick battle w/ USCG captain
- Drop in battles on Wednesdays starting in June!
Join the Battle! Or sign up as a spectator.Open House Drop-in Battle
Bring your corporate team or a group of friends for a unique cooperative adventure. We’ll provide the captains, no sailing experience necessary!
- $700 for up to 6ppl
- $1200 for up to 20ppl (battlers will rotate from spectator boat)
- Inquire for larger groups
3 battle sessions (without USCG captain)
- $360 per team (up to 6ppl), $15 for each additional member
- $80 per person (drop-in or assigned to team)
- Add a captain for $100 per session or $250 for the season
Who can participate?
Everyone! We focus on bringing the world of sailing to beginners and experts alike. Each boat has several roles typically with 3-5 people per boat:
- Skipper: Drives the boat and helps the team with navigation & strategy
- Trimmer: adjust the power (sails) of the boat and helps team tempo & speed
- Spotter: keeps track of boats, missiles, and score & helps the team with situational awareness.
- Gunner: fires & retrieves the missiles & helps team with strategy
If you don’t know how to sail or want guidance, we have have professional battle skippers who are USCG captains to teach you the ropes.
- Spectator boat(s): We have additional boats on the water to watch and cheer the battles on.
League Battles are on varying nights throughout the year and last about 1.5 hrs. Spectators are welcome.
Day of Battle
Narwhals – scoring
Cephalopods – scoring