The Marketing & Sales Coordinator/Lead is in charge of strengthening and growing our digital and social media presence. The focus of this job is to engage with our clients and build our brand. This includes working with the staff and ambassadors to tell our story and inspire others.
Given the nature of our business, we are busiest in the evenings and especially on weekends. This role is a mix of being on the water and at events – engaging with clients and capturing photos/videos for content, and in the office creating and managing content and strategy. We’re expecting the position to start around 5-10 hours a week and build up to 30+ hours a week during the peak of the summer season. We are open to expanding the role up to full-time and year-round if the right person is flexible in filling other roles.
The person who will succeed in this role will be a natural organizer and a great team player. You will probably come with experience in event planning, phone sales, and customer service experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, managing, and implementing a content calendar balancing educational, community building, event marketing, classes, and promotions
- Cultivating a culture with the staff of creating digital content & build our brand
- Updating best practices for creating and responding to social media engagement
- Curating our story and increase our presence on social media, email campaigns, and website
- Helping to identify and list on 3rd party sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc.
- Engaging with existing and potential clients to promote our events and charters
- Collaborating with our team to increase bookings and client engagement
- Creating and managing ads & email campaign
- Managing newsletter and client outreach and engagement
- Managing event marketing/promotion
- Reporting metrics on sales and marketing
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Please be able to show examples of your work/portfolio.
- Efficient with computer applications like Excel, Google Suite, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Team player
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule
- Basic familiarity/enthusiasm for sailing and adventures (we can fill in gaps and help you learn more!)
- Marketing experience especially using social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience with group and corporate sales
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Desire to sail more, or learn to sail
- Familiarity with Lake Union and surrounding neighborhoods
- Experience as an event planner and/or coordinator, or other related work experience
- Excellent eye for photography
- Desire and ability to work as crew on vessels
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time
Rate: $19-27/hr + free sailing