At Lake Union Charters and Adventures, our mission is to share our passion for the outdoors and water with Seattle, the Northwest and beyond. We offer sailing lessons and custom charters on boats from 20-65ft, and focus on building up our community by getting people out on the water and leaving the world better than we found it. We are looking for people to join our team and help grow our mission.
The Digital Content & Marketing Coordinator is in charge of curating and maintaining our digital and social media presence. The focus of this job is to work with the rest of the staff and ambassadors to tell our story and share the things we are doing, and to engage with our clients to build our brand and community.
This is a hybrid position that consists of on-the-water/on-boat, in-office, and remote work. Much of the office work can be done on your schedule, however on-the-water work will typically need to be done when we are busiest (evenings and weekends). We are expecting a workload of 5-10 hrs/wk to start, but are open to expanding hours as the summer season approaches and based on results and flexibility in filling other roles.
To be successful in this role you will need to exhibit strong organizational skills, have an eye for detail, and be able to coordinate with a variety of people and skill levels – both in person and remotely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and posting to social media such as Facebook/Instagram/etc.
- Working with the rest of the staff to curate our story and increasing our presence on the social media and websites
- Updating content and photos on our website(s)
- Helping to identify and coordinate our listings on 3rd party sites such as yelp, tripadvisor, etc.
- Being the coordinator on gathering content & curating our newsletter
- Engaging with existing and potential clients to promote our charters and events
- Collaborating with our team to increase bookings and client engagement
- Helping to improve internal business operations by documenting workflows and sharing best practice with rest of staff
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Please be able to show examples of your work
- Efficient with computer applications like Excel, Google Suite, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Team player
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule
- Basic familiarity with sailing and adventure. (We can fill in gaps and help you learn more!)
- Marketing experience especially using social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Desire to sail more, or learn to sail
- Familiarity with Lake Union and surrounding neighborhoods
- Experience as an event planner and/or coordinator, or other related experience
- Excellent eye for photography, video and photo editing
- Desire and ability to work as crew on vessels
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time
Rate: $18/hr + sailing & adventure