The Youth Program Coordinator/ Lead is the main point-person in running and coordinating our week-long youth camps.
Responsibilities include coordinating participants prior to arriving for sailing camp, helping the captains & crew coordinate, run shore side activities prior to getting on boats, and running wrap up after sailing at the end of the day.
There will also be opportunities to grow the youth program, building on existing curriculum including integrating science demonstrations, working with schools and teachers during the school year.
- Experience working with youth
- Teaching experience
- Safety conscious
- Positive attitude in any weather
- Flexible schedule
Desired skills and experience:
- Curriculum development
- Captain’s license
- Sailing and boat experience
- Additional outdoor hobbies such as backpacking, climbing, kayaking and such
- Calm and patient
- Current USCG captain license, or in the process of earning one