Captain Ludo started sailing at age 8 in the rough waters of Brittany’s Celtic Sea. He’s been sailing all around the Bay of Biscay, the Celtic Sea, the Salish Sea and Washington’s gorgeous waterways on several dozens various wooden and fiberglass sailboats ranging in sizes from 20′ to 160′. A lover of all-things water, Ludo is also a white-water rafting guide and has taught downhill skiing. He has recently made the jump from part-time sailor and full-time high-tech, to being a full-time sailor and racer. Ludo holds a USCG 50-ton Master License with Sailing and Towing endorsements. Ludo is avidly passionate about tall-ships and takes every chance he gets to sail aboard the local schooners.
Ludo’s favorite thing is to share his passion for water, nature and sailing with guests and students.
- Captain license - USCG 50-ton Master with Sailing and Towing endorsements
- NauticEd: Captain level V
- American Sailing Associations student certifications: 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 118.
- American Sailing Associations instructor certifications: 201, 203, 204, 205.
- US Sailing: Basic Keelboat
- Charter crew Captain on Schooner Lavengro
- Volunteer crew Captain on Schooner Lavengro
- Sailing and racing instructor at Lake Union Charters
- Sailing instructor at Seattle Sailing Club
- Staff and Volunteer Sailing instructor at Center for Wooden Boats
- Staff racing instructor at Center for Wooden Boats
- Volunteer crew on Schooner Adventuress
- Volunteer crew on Schooner Zodiac
"Ludo is the best !!!! He is kind. His passion for sailing and life radiate from him." - John Curley