Do you like to sail? Do you love people? Are you a storyteller? If you said yes we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for quality Crew to partner with us in growing our company.
We are a sailing charter and boat club company that offers sailing in the heart of Seattle (Lake Union and Lake Washington) and beyond. We offer a wide variety of adventures, from private romantic cruises and sunset sails to full day adventures, sailing lessons and boating workshops.
We specialize in unique personal experience and a high level of customer/ guest service. We want to share our passion for sailing and the environment with those around us; we introduce our customers to a maritime experience that ranges from discussing maritime history to modern excitement; from tranquility to adventure.
We ’re looking for enthusiastic, safety conscious, and outgoing people to share their passion for sailing with our clients. Most of our charters are 1-4 hours long. We are currently looking for crew for all sailing charters, kids camps and other cruises. Find out more about our fleet here: http://lakeunioncharters.com/fleet
You will be helping the captain operate the boat in line handling, docking and sailing, entertain the guest act as host and storyteller sharing the history of the waterways, as well as anticipating the guest’s needs, and ensuring they have a wonderful and unforgettable time.
As crew your primary responsibilities are:
- Helping preparing boat for clients (ensure everything is ready for the charter)
- Help sail the boat and handle lines while docking
- Help ensure the guest are enjoying their sail
- Assist in guest services, sharing stories, knowledge and passion for the outdoors
We have several vessels ranging from 20’-65’ that need crew. Your qualifications and experience will determine which vessel(s) are the best fit.
- We’re looking for people with flexible schedules, available for part-time, pick-up work, including nights and weekends.
- volunteer position available for those lacking or working towards needed qualifications
- 5-30 hrs a week (based on availability, skills, and workload)
Skills and Experiences:
- Safety conscious
- Experience working in guest services/ customer relations/ hospitality/ entertainment industry
- Engaging personality with a proclivity towards story-telling and teaching
- Positive attitude in any weather
- Flexible schedule
- Sailing and boat experience
- Additional outdoor hobbies such as backpacking, climbing, kayaking and such
- Calm and patient, with the knowledge and confidence to teach sailing and boat safety
- Current captain License, or in the process of earning one.
- American Sailing Association Basic Keel Boat License