Do you like to sail? Do you love people? Are you a storyteller? IF you said yes, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for licensed captains to partner with us in growing our company. Our captains are the face of our company and we expect a lot of them.
We are a Sailing charter and boat club company offering sailing in the heart of Seattle, on Lake Union, Lake Washington, and beyond. We offer a wide variety of adventures, including everything from a private romantic cruise, to sunset sail and full day adventures, to sailing lessons and boating workshops.
We specialize in the personal experience and a high level of customer/ guest service. We want to share our passion for sailing and the environment with those around us, and introduce more people to the peace/ tranquility, excitement, and adventure of being on the water and the maritime history.
We are a young and growing company, with a dynamic business model. We are looking for captains who want to be highly involved this summer and are able to share great ideas and help grow the company.
We ’re looking for enthusiastic, safety conscious, and outgoing people to share their passion for sailing with our clients. Adventure Captains are the guru of sailing and hospitality, they are responsible for running the boat (often single-handed), telling stories and sharing the history of the waterways, and also anticipating the guests’ needs, and ensuring they have a wonderful and unforgettable time.
As an adventure captain, there is a lot to manage and your high-level of attention to detail, as well as good people skills will help you grow and keep the clients coming back; even when the weather in Seattle seems less than ideal. Little obstacles such as “bad” weather, no wind, or a difficult client don’t faze you, you are a Adventure Captain, you are sailing and out to have a good time and make sure that your passengers do too. Your skills as a dynamic and natural storyteller will help you engage the clients, ensure their safety, and become the legendary captain everyone is talking about.
As an Adventure Captain you’ll be responsible for:
- Meeting the guest & welcoming them to the boat, safety talk
- Entertaining clients & hospitality
- Managing crew on larger vessels
- Share you passion for sailing w/ guest (potentially teaching)
We have several vessels ranging from 20’-65’ that need captains. Your qualifications and experience will determine which vessel(s) are the best fit.
- We’re looking for people with flexible schedules and open availability, especially nights and weekends.
- 10-30 hrs a week (based on availability, skills, and work load)
Skills and Experiences:
- Current USCG OUPV captain
- Experience working in guest services/ customer relations/ hospitality/ entertainment industry
- Engaging personality with a proclivity towards story-telling and teaching
- Positive attitude in any weather
- Flexible schedule
- Enjoy sailing in all types of weather and want to share passion with guest.
- Proven attention to detail
- Calm & patient, with the knowledge and confidence to teach sailing and boat safety
- Qualification for teaching Sailing and Boat handling.
- Current USCG 50 ton or higher captain w/ sail endorsement,
- ASA, US sailing, or other similar certificates
- Additional outdoor hobbies such as backpacking, climbing, kayaking
- Ability to teach boat maintenance classes